The 2023 IoD Jersey Director of the Year Awards winners have been announced at a gala black-tie event to celebrate the island’s most inspiring and ethical leaders. The annual awards are one of the premier business events in the Jersey calendar, and this year’s was bigger than ever before. Comedian Hugh Dennis hosted the awards thanks to sponsorship from Appleby and Deloitte LLP.
Attending the IoD Jersey Awards at the RJAHS, was the Director General of the Institute of Directors in the UK, Jonathan Geldart. Jersey is the best performing international branch of the IoD, with over 150 new members joining this year alone and a whole host of initiatives, training and pilots launched.
The Awards celebrate excellent leadership across a range of sectors and organisations in Jersey. Ten categories, plus the discretionary Chair’s Award, were announced on the evening.
During dinner, comedian Hugh Dennis entertained guests before introducing the Awards. Hugh is star of the hit shows, Outnumbered, and Mock the Week.
Chair of IoD Jersey, Natasha Egré said: “The Awards really are the highlight of our calendar because it’s a chance for us all to get together and celebrate the leaders in our community who have inspired their teams, whether that’s a charity, commercial business, or public service. I was particularly delighted to award the chair’s discretionary award to Tim Ringsdore, not only for his leadership of the Jersey Competition and Regulatory Authority, but also for his inspirational fundraising. Last year, walking every road in the Island, this year, sleeping out in every parish for the homeless. He is the epitome of a leader who leads by example.”
This year’s judges were: Kevin Keen (Chair), Kate Nutt, Lisa Springate, Paul Murphy, Lee Bosio, Heather MacCallum, and Andrew Le Gallais.
The Winners in the 10 Award categories are:
· Director of the Year – Large Business
Chris Clark (Prosperity 24/7)
· Director of the Year – SME Business sponsored by Law at Work
Steve Quinn (SystemLabs)
· Family Business Director of the Year sponsored by JJ Fox Trading Limited
Robert Morton (Hawk Family Office Limited)
· Start-up Director of the Year
Phil Slatter (Reel Creative)
· Third Sector Director of the Year sponsored by Ravenscroft
Fiona Vacher (Jersey Child Care Trust)
· Public Sector Director of the Year
Gareth Hughes (Victoria College)
· Young Director of the Year sponsored by Clarity Limited
Laura Kyle (Entrust Limited)
· Director of the Year – Equality, Diversity & Inclusion sponsored by Highvern
Jo Buckross (Lloyds Banking Group – Islands Business)
· Director of the Year – Sustainability sponsored by Lloyds Bank International
Gill Knights (JT Group Limited)
· Non-Executive Director of the Year sponsored by Kendrick Rose/Club NED
Helen Ruelle (Jersey Employment Trust)
· Chair Award
Tim Ringsdore (Jersey Competition Regulatory Authority)