Return to health naturally with acupuncture

WORDS Lorna Jackson


AFN Practitioner and founder of Health Point Clinic.

At Health Point Clinic we use a unique integration of sports medicine, traditional acupuncture and massage to rapidly release myofascial adhesions, elongate hypertonic muscles and increase blood flow to injured tissues.


Benefits include:

Pain relief

Fast recovery

Improved injury resilience

Improved sleep

Stress reduction


How does acupuncture work?

Acupuncture is the insertion of ultra-fine, single use sterile needles into specific acupuncture points on the body. This involves between 8 to 30 needles depending upon what is being treated. By inserting fine needles into muscles and connective tissue, this frees up the normal flow of blood, energy and nutrients by releasing myofascial and musculoskeletal constrictions. The insertion of needles is intended to create un-noticable micro trauma; this induces a healing response in your body, releasing pain-relieving endorphins into your bloodstream. Essentially, acupuncture jump-starts your body’s self-healing mechanism. Your body is constantly repairing and rebuilding itself; acupuncture can help direct this healing response in a more efficient way.

Specialist Services

Our goal is to help support you with a step-by-step personalised treatment plan to suit your own personal health goals. Treatments are individualised and may incorporate one or more of the following services.


including electro-acupuncture, facial acupuncture, auricular/ear acupuncture.

Pregnancy acupressure class

bring your birth partner, a friend or just yourself for this one-hour private workshop practicing techniques to take home that can be used to support you.

Tui na

Chinese massage involving traditional techniques such as cupping and acupressure.

Chinese Cupping

Swedish or deep tissue massage




At Health Point Clinic we are passionate about preventative care. A strong emphasis is placed upon maintainable lifestyle changes that will help you to take back control of your health and prevent further injury.

The average treatment is 1 hour into your week this is only 1.68% of your week. Our goal is to provide you with the tools and support to navigate the other 98.32% of your week with the confidence that you are on the right path.

For more information visit

Acupuncture Facts

  • Acupuncture does not hurt!
  • Acupuncture needles are single use, sterile and are as fine as a single human hair! Many patients do not even notice when they are in. In fact, many patients fall asleep during their treatment.
  • Many private health providers cover acupuncture treatment.
  • Traditional acupuncturists have to complete a minimum of 3 years training at degree level in line with the World Health Organisation standards.
  • Traditional acupuncture originated in China more than 2,500 years ago.
  • 2.3 million acupuncture treatments are carried out each year by British Acupuncture Council members making it one of the most popular complementary therapies practiced in the UK.
  • The National Institute for Health and Clinical Excellence guidelines on best practice recommend that GPs offer a course of 10 sessions of acupuncture as a first line treatment for persistent migraines and tension-type headaches.
  • Traditional acupuncture can be used for support as well as relief; ranging from: pain management, sports injuries, women’s health, fertility, pregnancy support, nausea, digestive health, stress management.